A massive congratulations goes to all of our students as Mascalls Academy is proud to have produced another fantastic set of GCSE results. Mascalls has seen an increase since 2019 in the number of grades achieved at 5+, 6+, 7+, 8+ and 9+. We are incredibly proud of the achievements of our students in the first set of public examinations for three years. The focus, effort and hard work throughout has been palpable. We are also grateful to the amazing staff who have supported our wonderful students to achieve their absolute best this year.
Some incredible individual performances are noted below:
- Grace-Ann – 9 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 8
- Ben – 3 Grade 9s, 4 Grade 8s, 1 Grade 7 and 1 Grade 6
- Mia – 1 Grade 9, 6 Grade 8s, 2 Grade 7s
- Freya – 1 Grade 9, 5 Grade 8s and 3 Grade 7s
- George – 5 Grade 8s, 4 Grade 7s
- Cameron – 1 Grade 9, 3 Grade 8s, 3 Grade 7s, 1 Grade 6 and a distinction
- Ethan – 1 Grade 9, 3 Grade 8s, 4 Grade 7s and 1 Grade 6
- Kiera – 1 Grade 9, 3 Grade 8s, 5 Grade 7s
- Jess – 5 Grade 8s, 2 Grade 7s and 2 Grade 6s
- Joe – 4 Grade 8s, 2 Grade 7s, 1 Grade 6 and a distinction
Once again our National Area of Excellence in Creative Arts excelled with a 100% pass rate and over 80% achieving distinctions. Art, photography and textiles averaged above 80% at grade 4 and over a third at grade 7 or higher. Computer science performed very strongly with 85% of grades above grade 4 and 75% of grades above grade 5. Biology, physics and chemistry all performed well with over 80% achieving a grade 4 and over a third achieving a grade 7 or higher, and once again our Spanish students performed superbly with over 93% of students achieving a grade 4 or above and a quarter of all graded at 7 or above. English and maths also saw increases in grades 5 and above and grade 7 and above since 2019 showing the strength in quality of our overall achievement across a wide range of subjects.
Most remarkably, where nationally females outperform males at Mascalls there is no such pattern bucking the national trend and in addition our SEN students have once again improved their performance against the national picture further highlighting the exceptional work being done in those areas.
Well done all, you absolutely smashed it!