The 2022 A-Level results day has been a fantastic celebration of not only academic achievement but the success of managing tremendous turbulence in education over the last 3 years. These students leaving us today have navigated an exam series like no other, coping admirably with the lack of exam experience at GCSE which could easily have derailed them in this final hurdle. At Mascalls Academy we are thrilled with our academic outcomes which show growth from the last examination series in 2019, with A*/A up from 13.76% to 15.71% in this year’s results. Additionally, we saw outstanding achievement in the Applied General with an average grade of a distinction+ for our students.
We also saw outstanding achievement in our 4 art disciplines, with standout success in the textiles class, with 5 students achieving an A* grade overall.
Of those who applied to university courses, 90% achieved their firm choice and we are now sending students off to a range of courses and universities across the country, including Russell Group universities Cardiff and Exeter. A number of students have also secured quality apprenticeships in the finance sector with others finalising placements now that the results have been confirmed.
It has been a tremendous day of celebration at Mascalls Academy and we are delighted to see so many happy faces.
- Jodie – who on achieving A*A*A* in chemistry, biology and maths will be studying maths at Cardiff University.
- Phoebe – who achieved A*A* B in psychology, sociology and spanish will be reading politics and sociology at the University of Lancaster
- Liam – achieved A* A* B in photography, graphics and spanish. He will be taking up a place at UAL in London to study graphic communication design.
- Abigail – achieved A A A in maths, product design and sociology and will be studying architecture at Oxford Brookes.
- Luisa – achieved A* A* B in textiles, photography and media. She is going on to study fashion styling and creative direction at Southampton Solent
- Tia – achieved A* A* B in fine art, photography and media and is excited to take up her place at UAL to study fashion imaging and illustration.
- Chris – achieved A*A B in textiles, computing and geography and will go on to study fashion design at Buckingham New University.
- Chloe – achieved A A B in business, sociology and geography. She has gained a place with RSM accounting to complete her apprenticeship.
We would also like to celebrate Roua Bwidani who joined Mascalls as a refugee in her GCSE year with little English and who has now achieved a place to study architectural technology at Brighton University.
Applied General Success
At Mascalls we are proud to offer a mixture of courses including Academic A-Levels and Applied General. Below are some of the students who attained excellent results in two or more Applied General courses.
- Elisa – achieved D*D*A in H&SC, sport and sociology. She is looking forward to taking a well earned Gap Year before assessing her options for onward study.
- Fran – achieved D*D*B in H&SC, sport and photography. She will be taking up a place at the University of Surrey to study midwifery.
- Amy – achieved a double Dist* in H&Sc and a C in LiBF finance. She has now successfully enrolled on an apprenticeship as a legal secretary.
- Alisha – achieved Dist Dist B in dance, music and drama – she is taking a Gap Year to volunteer in Ecuador before taking up a university place to study musical theatre at Brighton Metropolitan.
A huge congratulations to all of the students across the LAT Trust on this 2022 A-Level results day.