‘Every Academy Day Counts’
It is important to telephone Mrs Davies in the Attendance Office (01892 831477) at the start of any absence and every day thereafter that your child is unable to attend, so that we are aware and the reason for the absence can be recorded and not recorded as unauthorised. On return, students should also present to the attendance office to inform them that they are back in school. If you are unable to ring, please email Mrs Davies on email@example.com.
We are committed to enabling all our students to achieve their full potential. To do this it is vital that our students and parents/carers involve themselves fully in a commitment to ensure our students attend the school for the maximum amount of available time. Excellent attendance enables students to achieve and take full advantage of the range of opportunities attendance at this school offers. Irregular attendance places students outside our caring community and undermines the education process and our duty to safeguard them. This situation leads to educational disadvantage and can place our students in a vulnerable position.
We recognise that for the vast majority of our students, good school attendance is a well‐established habit for success. However it is important to clarify parental responsibilities with regard to punctuality and attendance:
- The Academy is closed for 14 weeks a year when you can take holidays and travel abroad. Where there are exceptional circumstances for a pupil to be absent during term time, you can make a written request to the Principal via your child’s Head of College.
- We expect pupils to arrive at the Academy on time. Late arrivals disrupt the education of others. Pupils arriving after the register has closed will be marked in the register as having an unauthorised absence.
- We do not expect pupils to come to school when they are sick, but those with regular sickness absence will be expected to provide us with medical evidence before further absences are authorised.
- Avoid medical and dental appointments during the Academy day.
- If you or your children are having difficulties that impact on attendance, please make an appointment with a member of staff to discuss additional support.
Thank you for working in partnership with us to achieve the highest possible levels of attendance and punctuality at Mascalls.