We expect you to be smartly and formally dressed at all times, as you would be if working in a smart professional environment. As well as representing the Academy, you also need to reflect the expectations we place on students lower down the school to wear attire which reflects the aims and values of the Academy.
We understand that a person’s dress and appearance are matters of personal choice and self- expression. However, we believe that adults should dress in ways which are appropriate to their role and this may need to be different to how they dress when not at work.
Students may dress in accordance with their gender presentation but should follow the guidelines as outlined above.
- Skimpy shorts or hot pants
- Sheer, low-cut tops or spaghetti straps
- Hats of any kind (in lessons)
- Sunglasses (in lessons)
- Over-sized brand names, slogans or logos
- Track suits
- Trainers/canvas shoes including Converse or skater shoes
- Ugg boots, flip flops or casual sandals such as Birkenstock
- Soiled, frayed, ripped or faded clothing
Clothing for specific lessons such as PE, Art and Dance should not be worn in public areas of the school. Students should change before attending other lessons.
Most students meet our expectations, but those who do not conform will be sent home to remedy the problem or if this is not possible will be issued a Standards Detention and may be required to spend the day in the Student Referral Centre.