The staff body at Mascalls Academy would like to congratulate our Year 11 cohort on another fantastic set of results. This Year 11 cohort have demonstrated a real sense of determination throughout the lead up to their exams and the examination series itself. The collaboration between students and their teachers has proved its worth in the results that have been achieved. There have been a number of subjects who have bucked the national trend and raised the level of attainment once again for their cohort of students. Notable mentions include dance, Spanish, photography, catering and sport.
There was a wonderful atmosphere at Mascalls Academy today with students, families and teaching staff all celebrating alongside one another. The enrolment into sixth form courses has taken place and we are so pleased to have a record number of students staying on to continue their studies with us.
There have been many significant achievements across the breadth of our students today but we would like to celebrate the following exceptional results which have gone against the national drop in top grades:
- Adam: 8 grade 9s and 3 grade 8s;
- Zoe: 4 grade 9s, 4 grade 8s and 1 grade 7;
- Leung: 3 grade 9s, 2 grade 8s, 2 grade 7s and 2 grade 6s;
- Caitlin: 1 grade 9, 2 grade 8s and 6 grade 7s;
- Evangeline: 1 grade 9, 3 grade 8s 3 grade 7s and 3 grade 6s;
- Lauren: 1 grade 9, 1 grade 8 and 5 grade 7s;
- Esme: 1 grade 9, 1 grade 8, 5 grade 7s and 2 grade 6s; and
- Joe: 1 grade 9, 2 grade 8s, 2 grade 7s and 4 grade 6s.
Mrs Jo Brooks, Principal of Mascalls Academy has expressed her congratulations and stated “We are so proud of our Year 11 cohort who have demonstrated real strength of character in overcoming many challenges throughout their education so far. Despite these challenges, they have achieved so much. We are so thrilled to be welcoming a record number back into our Marie Curie Sixth Form and we look forward to seeing all they achieve following such a positive set of GCSE and BTEC results. Congratulations Year 11!”