The 2023 post-16 results day at Mascalls Academy has been a wonderful opportunity for students to celebrate their achievements alongside their teachers and family members. Our students have demonstrated great resilience and determination throughout their time in education, overcoming many hurdles along the way. The unwavering support from their teachers and parents and carers, combined with their hard work has resulted in a very pleasing set of results that will provide the stepping stones into the next stage of their lives.
In addition to some individual students successes, we are pleased to celebrate some notable achievements across subject departments such as fine art, politics, performance RSL and music students who all achieved 100% Distinction *. We offer a diverse range of courses at post-16 and are pleased with our increased number of entries this academic year also.
We are thrilled that the majority of our Year 13 cohort have been offered a place at their first choice university and many students have secured apprenticeship placements. In addition to this we have two Year 13 students returning to Mascalls Academy as part of the SEN department working with key stage 3 students. We are so pleased to be retaining some of the fantastic talent that Mascalls Academy has to offer.
Our Success Stories
Some of the success stories from this academic year include:
- Cassidy: A*AAB – City, University of London to study journalism, politics and history;
- Fintan: AAA – King’s College, London to study film;
- Megan: Dist*A*A* – University of Canterbury to study early childhood studies;
- Ethan: A*AB – Queen Mary University to study actuarial science with a professional placement;
- Nathan: AAB – University of Southampton to study computer science;
- Ruby: AAB – Bath Spa University to study fashion photography;
- Lily: A*BC – Arts University Bournemouth to study costume design;
- Mary: ABB – Full time work as a Learning Mentor at Mascalls Academy; and
- Eva: A*A*C – University of Chichester to study physical education and sports coaching.
Mrs Brooks, Principal of Mascalls Academy said, “The atmosphere whilst celebrating our students’ achievements alongside teaching staff and their parents/carers today has been wonderful. We are so proud of our outgoing Year 13 students and know that they have a lot to offer the world in so many different ways. It has been a privilege to be at the start of this journey for them and we wish them all the very best for the next stage of their lives.”